- MIL-SPEC: Built to Government specifications for use by military personnel. Nato Stock Number 6645-01-544-9475 engraved on case back
- TRITIUM GAS TUBES: Self illuminating tritium gas tubes glow with no need to be charged by an external light source.
- PILOT’S WATCH: Designed for pilots and paratroopers. Features a lightweight high impact fibreshell case and domed acrylic crystal.
- HIGH TORQUE MOVEMENT: Swiss made ETA F06 3 jewel high-torque Quartz movement with EOL (End-of-Life) indicator for superior timekeeping and quality. Submersibility: 6ATM
- SWISS MADE: Marathon watches are proudly made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939.
- Intended use: Field
- Encapsulated tritium (Isotope H3) light sources are at each hour position on dial and on hour & minute hands
- 316L high-impact stainless steel case with screw-down case back
- Water resistant to 3ATM and dust proof
- Each watch is numbered individually.
- Includes nylon strap 16mm
- Other strap options available in nylon and leather
- MOVEMENT: High-torque Quartz
- LUMINOUS FEATURES: Tritium gas tubes
- DIMENSIONS: 39mm Diameter / 11mm thickness
- STRAP: 16mm black nylon
- CALENDAR: Date
The Marathon Military Navigator Pilots Quartz is a highly accurate watch built to strict military specifications under MIL-PRF-46374G. Designed for pilots, parachutists, and law enforcement, the Military Navigator Pilots Quartz is made to withstand the challenges that may face it in a professional or everyday environment. Developed by Marathon Watch Company in 1986 as a request by Kelley Air Force Base for a watch which could be used at high altitude, withstand extreme changes in pressure and altitude, as well as be an easy to read timepiece for a pilot. Made from a specialized fibershell case that is water resistant to 6 atmospheres (60 meters – 200 feet), sweat and shock resistant, as well as lightweight. Included with the Military Navigator Pilots Quartz is a 20 millimeter width nylon strap made under MIL-S-46383B, Type III. The Military Navigator Pilots Quartz also uses a special Hesalite crystal which is resistant to extreme rapid changes in pressure that would be experienced by a parachutists that would normally cause a watch’s crystal to shatter or come loose from the watch. Powered by a Swiss made, high torque, 3 jewel ETA F06 quartz movement, the Military Navigator Pilots Quartz guarantees you a high degree of accuracy in timekeeping. The ETA F06 is accurate to -0.3/+0.5 seconds per day and also includes an End of Life (EOL) indicator that will advance the seconds hand once every 4 seconds to inform you that a battery change is needed. The Military Navigator Pilots Quartz uses self-contained Tritium gas tubes to ensure constant visibility in low light situations, a gas tube is placed on each hour marker, hand, and at the 12 hour marker in the bezel. Tritium tubes are self-illuminating gas tubes which contain an isotope of hydrogen, meaning they will not dull down in brightness like normal photoluminescent (glow in the dark) paint which requires an external light source to create a glow.